Managing Director (Nigeria)
Description du posteThe Nutriset Group, through its associated companies, has a mandate to provide access to good quality food. Nutriset is 100% dedicated to innovation, research and the production of nutritional solutions for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition. A world leader in its sector, Nutriset is a trusted partner of the United Nations, NGOs and governments.
Set up in 2005 by Nutriset, PlumpyField® is a unique network of entrepreneurs who manufacture ready-to-use nutritional solutions used in the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in countries where they are most needed and according to the highest international quality standards. By sourcing local raw materials and developing an innovative and responsible agro-industrial activity, the partners of the PlumpyField® network support the social and economic development of their country and thus contribute to nutritional autonomy for all.
The Nutriset Group and Dansa Foods Processing Limited have decided to join forces to fight malnutrition in Nigeria, through the creation of a joint-venture to develop a therapeutic food and nutritional solutions production site in Nigeria.
The structure created will join the network of PlumpyField® local partners and will therefore benefit from Nutriset's expertise in setting up and developing local production through a franchise system, and from Dansa Foods' local knowledge.
The Nutriset Group is looking for a Managing Director, who will be, in the first instance, responsible for the establishment and the start-up of the plant. The mission will be extended to cover operational duties, subject to the successful completion of phase one.
The Managing Director will be responsible for the implementation of the decisions of the Board of Directors, and will ensure the reporting to the Board of Directors, and to Nutriset on matters related to the franchise. He will ensure that deadlines, budgets and objectives are met.
Administrative, economic and financial management
The Managing Director will oversee the administrative tasks to ensure the setting up and the proper functioning of the organisation. He will supervise the administrative, economic, financial and accounting management of the organisation. He will validate official documents.
He will ensure compliance with any rules, regulations and standards.
Human resources management and management
The Managing Director will recruit and manage the teams. He will coordinate the activities of the multidisciplinary teams (production, sales, purchasing, maintenance, quality, administrative services, etc.), prepare and lead the meetings of the various committees, ensure the follow-up and improvement of tools and methods.
He will manage employee relations and ensure that a favourable working environment is maintained, and will ensure that the various project team members are selected, coordinated and motivated in order to achieve corporate objectives.
Representation and promotion
The Managing Director will ensure the representation of the organization, in particular with humanitarian and institutional partners. He may be required to participate in local or international events and communicate with the media.
ProfilGeneral or specialized engineering background(agri-food).
Graduate of Business Management School
At least 8 years of experience required as a plant manager, and at least one experience of starting a plant (renovation or new site).
Technical Skills :
Ability to manage the plant as a profit center and management skills.
- Knowledge of the Quality and HSE regulatory environments specific to your sector
- Knowledge of Supply Chain, Purchase (import tax)
- Good knowledge of the company's sector of activity, its products and its market positioning vis-à-vis the competition.
- Commercial awareness and negotiation skills necessary to lead high level relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Proficiency in computer tools (word processing, spreadsheets).
Personal qualities :
- Leadership, autonomy and availability in order to assume the missions of a company manager.
- Relational skills and charisma to give instructions and select and lead teams in order to achieve the organizational objectives.
- Authority and organizational skills to effectively manage your organization.
- Listening skills and diplomacy in order to prevent/resolve disputes (customer relationship management, employment issues...).
- Problem solving approach in order to manage exceptional circumstances.
- Listening, analytical and summarising skills to properly coordinate information from operational teams.
- Adaptability to change
- Adaptability to local culture
- Fluency in English is essential
Local permanent contract
Inclusive : house, car, telephone, latup...
Place of work :
Position based in Kano, Nigeria.
Geographical mobility in Nigeria, and more occasionally in Europe (mainly France).
According to the pay scales currently in force.