Lipid-based Nutrient Supplement Small Quantity (LNS-SQ)
20 g individual sachet [120 kcal]
✓ Nutritional support to pregnant and lactating women
✓ Improves the development of the foetus and the infant
For pregnant and lactating women1 sachet / day / woman
→ This product fits home fortification programs, from conception to the end of breastfeeding
Enov'Mum™ is a Lipid-based Nutrient Supplement Small Quantity (LNS-SQ)
✓ For pregnant and lactating women
Enov’Mum™ has been especially designed for pregnant and lactating women whose diet may provide energy, but lacks varied and nutritious food. This nutritional supplementation allows them to meet their daily requirements in main micronutrients.
Enov’Mum™ can be distributed as part of a nutrition program through blanket feeding in at-risk area alongside other interventions, such as Behavior Change Communication (BCC) activities to improve nutritional practices, as well as obstetric care.
✓ To fortify diet during pregnancy & exclusive breastfeeding
Growing evidence points out that supplementation during pregnancy and lactation can improve maternal micronutrient status and birth outcomes. That is why it is crucial to manage the nutritional status of mothers-to-be as early as possible. Enov’Mum™ contains essential fatty acids (EFA) and the recommended daily nutrient intake (RNI) in multiple micronutrients that are often lacking in the diet. The objective is to have a positive effect on maternal nutritional status on pregnant women and children at birth and for its future growth.
Enov’Mum™ has been designed based on recommendations of the WHO, UNICEF and WFP in the guidelines “Preventing and controlling micronutrient deficiencies in populations affected by an emergency” (2006).
All nutritional studies highlight the first 1000 days of life, from conception to two years, as crucial for the development of a child.
Enov’Mum™ is not a substitute for a varied nutritious diet.
Immediate breastfeeding after birth, exclusive during the first 6 months and recommended for at least 24 months.
Main nutritional values
|Enov Mum™ formula: elements for 20 g*|
|Energy||119 kcal||Iodine||250 µg||Vitamin B1||1.4 mg|
|Proteins||2.6 g||Selenium||30 µg||Vitamin B2||1.4 mg|
|Lipids||9.2 g||Vitamin A||800 µg||Vitamin B6||1.9 mg|
|Zinc||10 mg||Vitamin D||15 µg||Vitamin B12||2.6 µg|
|Copper||1.15 mg||Vitamin E||15 mg||Folic acid||600 µg|
|Iron||20 mg||Vitamin C||55 mg||Niacin||18 mg|
*The values given in this table are based on Nutriset's knowledge of the intrinsic nutrient content of the raw materials and their variability, as well as the variability of the process.
• Vaidya A et al. “Effects of antenatal multiple micronutrient supplementation on children’s weight and size at 2 years of age in Nepal: follow-up of a double-blind randomised controlled trial.” Lancet (2008); 371:492-9.
• Chaparro CM and Dewey KG. "Use of lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS) to improve the nutrient adequacy of general food distribution rations for vulnerable sub-groups in emergency settings." Matern Child Nutr. (2010); 6 Suppl 1:1-69.
• Kawai K et al. "Kawai K et al. "Maternal multiple micronutrient supplementation and pregnancy outcomes in developing countries: meta-analysis and meta-regression." Bull World Health Organ 89 (2011); 6: 402–411B.: meta-analysis and meta-regression." Bull World Health Organ 89 (2011); 6: 402–411B.
• Yang Z et al. “Yang Z et al. “Review of fortified food and beverage products for pregnant and lactating women and their impact on nutritional status.” Matern Child Nutr. (2011); 7 (Suppl. 3): 19–43.us.” Matern Child Nutr. (2011); 7 (Suppl. 3): 19–43.
• Mridha MK et al. “Lipid-based nutrient supplements for pregnant women reduce newborn stunting in a cluster-randomized controlled effectiveness trial in Bangladesh.“ Am J Clin Nutr. (2016); 103:236-49.